Water Damage Leads to Mold
The sewer backed up causing a large amount of feces to cover the basement floor. The loss went unnoticed for a few days and developed into a mold remediation project. We had to completely remove all walls, ceilings and content from the basement followed by specialized cleaning.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (716) 656-7131
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.